What’s Inside Calendula Baby Starter Kit Starter
- 1 x 10ml Calendula Face Cream
- 1 x 20 ml Calendula Shampoo and Body Wash
- 1 x 10ml Calendula Oil
- 1 x 10ml Calendula Nappy Change Cream
- 1 x 10ml Calendula Baby Lotion
Ingredients In Calendula Baby Skincare
- Baby Oil- (its 100% organic) I used it in the children’s bath water. I also used it on a few occasions as an alternative to the body lotion, as well as massage oil for Valentina. The summer is proving to be quite a hot one but the oil still works well and doesn’t make them sweaty.
- Face Cream- it contains extract of organic chamomile, and pure plant oils of the sweet almond and organic sesame. It healed Valentina’s irritated cheeks (too many kisses from daddy with his prickly beard)
- Nappy Cream- is light but it moisturises really well and is not difficult to remove like our regular nappy cream.
The first product I tried was the Calendula Shampoo and Body Wash. I used it on Angelo. As I lathered up my hands the bathroom was filled with the most soothing fragrance. Angelo sniffed the air then said “I smell something” so I allowed him to smell the creamy lather. He said “hmmm nice”. I asked him what it smelt like he said “STRAWBERRY!”. Not that it smelt like strawberry but in his 2 ½ years mind, strawberries have the best smell, that’s how much he enjoyed it. The texture is light and creamy, even the lather was more creamy than foamy on the skin once applied to hair it did foam a bit. A little does a long way with this product which is will be easier on the pocket in the long-run.
I also tried the two in one on Valentina. It worked well for her skin but was not as moisturizing for her hair. Valentina’s hair has tighter curls and it’s prone to tangling. On the second occasion I pre-treated her hair with an oil (not Weleda’s) and got better results. However, while, I’ll happily use this product again on both children, I’ll refrain from using it in Valentina’s hair. She fusses when I try to get tangles out, and there isn’t a conditioner in the range that I can follow up with.
After each child’s bath, I then followed up with the baby lotion which has a light double cream consistency. Their skin felt so soft and kissable!