One of my bug bears is how much water people waste, by letting taps run. Running taps remind me of my childhood days spent scouting for water with other children from my village. The water pressure was too low to make it up to our houses on the hill. We chatted and fooled around along the way but on the way back we made sure to lose as little water as possible over the sides of the buckets. Little ones who could not manage a bucket had Mazola corn oil bottles. I heard somewhere that all the water on the earth is all that we will ever have, no more will come from anywhere. It stands to reason that we must save water. When I was approached to write a blog to mark the National Water Saving Week, I jumped in. I was sent products from Save Water Save Money which is available for free on completion of the Water Savings Engine.
National Water Saving Week 2018
The water saving campaign, running alongside National Water Saving Week 2018, is conducted by Save Water Save Money and SES Water to encourage water saving at home. Please take a look at the video below.
The Water Saving Engine
I completed the questionnaire and it took about 5-6 minutes to complete. The questions ranged from How many shower units do you have? to What’s the main source you use to water your garden? At the end of I was given an overview of how much water was used in my household, and then it was further broken down to bathroom, kitchen, and outdoors. There was also and energy analysis which I didn’t expect! Then there is a section on what that usage amounts to in money and what you can do save money. I found it quite helpful.
Finally, I was invited to select free products from a selection shown on the Water Savings Engine
I didn’t order any products because I was sent some for the purpose of this feature.
Save Water Save Money Products
I receive the following products:
- Crocodile Toothy Timer – Two Minutes for The Best Teeth which can save up to 12 litres every time your child brushes by encouraging them to turn off the tap in between rinses.
- GunkPot (in Pink) – Avoid the cost of an estimated 50% of sewer blockages by storing fat until cool enough to go in the bin, rather than pouring it down the sink. Gunk Pot comes with a The Plate Scraper and The Sink Strainer
- Universal Silicone Sink Plug (in Blue) which provides a water tight seal to block the drain hole, avoiding any leaking
- BubbleStream Tap Aerator (in Blue) To Only Use the Water You Need With a flow regulator of 8 litres per minute, compared to a standard 12 litre per minute flow rate. Choose the aerated mode for washing away stubborn stains, and the non-aerated mode to fill your washing up bowl.
- Hand Pump Pressure Sprayer – The Waterbutt’s Friend: With its adjustable pressurised water spray delivered through a handy trigger system, you can use water efficiently and effectively, choosing to apply a range of sprays from concentrated jet to a fine mist. This Hand Pump Pressure Sprayer has got a pressure of 0.4 MPa.
- Four Minute Shower Timer (Dark Blue)
- 1.2L Save-A-Flush To Save Every Time You Flush
Visit The Tiger Tales Facebook page to see the unboxing of the products.
We should not be wasting a precious resource like water. Just think, by making a few sensible changes you will not just save water but you will save money too. Who couldn’t do with more money in the bank? Be waterwise.