December, last year, I attended a makeup master class brownbeautytalk hosted in collaboration with Bobbi Brown cosmetics. Fellow brownbeauty writer Natasha of Tasha’s Face blog has always raved about the brand but I’d never had the opportunity to try their products. The event was held at Bobbi Brown’s Pro Studio in Soho. Bobbi Brown MUA, Adeola Gboyega talked about skincare and demonstrated how to take a daytime makeup to nighttime. Adeola has been with Bobbi Brown for six year but her love affair with the brand began during her university years. She was so lovely, warm and knowledgeable. The event felt more like a makeup playdate with a big sister. Now I know I’m older than her but when it comes to makeup, I’m still a child. By the end of the evening I’d learnt 5 new makeup tips.
Adeola’s Beauty & Makeup Tips
- When prepping skin, go for skin tonic instead of an alcoholic based toner. The tonic will help to balance skin.
- Treat lips with a balm a few minutes prior to applying lipstick.
- If you have brown to dark circles under the eyes, apply corrector and concealer to the area first. This will brighten the face, then, you’re likely to use less foundation. If the under eye circles are blue/purple go for pinkish corrector, for brownish dark circles opt for a peach corrector.
- If eyes are hooded choose bright shades and metallic eye shadows on the lid to attract light to the area
- Don’t apply setting powder over entire face, apply only to set concealer, this will give a more 3D effect
- For a more natural looking brow, use two colours to build a brow with dimension
Adeola’s advice was just what I needed. Best of all, in my opinion her sage words were ageless. Whether you’re in your 20’s 40’s or more mature, they could work for you.
The goodie bag with her hand picked favourite products I loved. I’m truly a Bobbi Brown fan now. Thank you brownbeauty talk, Adeola and Bobbi Brown for fun and informative evening.
Have you got any trips or tricks from you make-up regime you’d like to share? Comment in the box below. I’d love to hear from you.
Take a look at brownbeatytalk’s event highlight video below. Hashtag #BBTXBB will take you to tagged social media posts on the event.