I love eggs! Can have them morning noon and night in various ways. So I’m thrilled to be a part of the Happy Egg Co #happyeggtastemakers crew. I recently received a voucher which gave money off my purchase of Happy Eggs. I got to work ASAP to trial the eggs. I keep my first dishes very simple I wanted to get the taste of the egg. The happy Egg Co., prides itself on the fact that their happy hens lay tastier eggs, after all. I was not disappointed. The first thing that struck me was the consistency of the egg white. The Happy Eggs egg whites are its strong and not runny. I was able to fry an egg that almost looked as though it was set in a mould! Then came the taste test.
The yoke has a rich thick creamy texture and full of flavour. I truly did taste the difference. On the second occasion I used as recipe card that the Happy Egg Co supplied for inspiration. It was heaven sent! I used it to create a lovely birthday breakfast for my husband. We dined on Thai scrambled eggs with a side of lychee. Sounds off the wall I know, but it tasted divine. The only thing that let me down was my presentation, its not my strong point. Happy Eggs surly put a smile on my face.
I was very happy and excited with my third Happy Egg Co trial. So pleased and I, I’m putting it forward for the Happy Egg Co Eggciting January Challenge competition. I created a 3 Happy Eggs Mexican Inspired Omelette. I was delish, but judge for yourself here’s the recipe I thought together:
112 g chorizo sausage
½ medium red onion
¼ large yellow bell pepper
3 Happy Co Eggs
1 tsp chopped curly parsley
2 heaped tsp Taco Mixed Beans
½ small avocado
- Fry Chorizo until oils begins to coat bottom of the frying pan, then remove#
- Cube red onions then sauté red onion until it begin to get soft
- Add cubed yellow bell pepper then sauté until it beings to go soft together with the onions
- In a bowl lightly whisk three eggs, parsley, then stir in taco mixed beans (the one I used came in a can in a spicy tomato sauce) and parsley.
- Pour egg mixture into the already heated frying pan onto pepper and onions lower heat, then move the pan around to spread them out evenly
- When omelette begins to cook and to firm-up sprinkle in chorizo
- Using a spatula, ease around the edges of the omelette, then fold it over in half.
- Serve with sliced avocado and a bread of your choice (I used ciabatta drizzled with olive oil)
If you try this recipe to do me know what you think. If you are curious to see what the taste makers are up to you can search the hashtag #happyeggtastemakers on Twitter and Instagram. Addtionally to find out more about the Happy Egg co, visit their website.
Please note: this is not a sponsored post, however, I was sent a money off voucher to purchase the eggs to trial and I opted to enter the Happy Egg Co Eggciting January Challenge competition.