What’s the summer without a festival? It’s all about the good music, yummy food and positive vibes. Not to mention the fashion and hair! Frankly, the hair could have its own festival and that’s just what Curly Treats went and did. This summer on 5th August, Curly Treats presents, the UK’s Biggest Natural Hair Festival to Celebrate Black Culture Bigger, Curly Treats Festival 2017.
Curly Treats was the created by Vinna Best. I have fond memories of meeting Vinna back in 2013. In the same year she held her first UK natural hair events around the UK, in major cities including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham, Leeds, and Bristol. At the heart of these events was aim of encouraging black women and girls to be and feel empowered, unravelling the negative stereotypes that surround black women’s hair. Beyond natural hair, Vinna is an advocate for equality and economic empowerment. Her voice has not gone unnoticed, as Vinna continues to make a difference speaking at conferences, universities and radio shows such as BuzzFeedUK, The Voice Newspaper, University of West London & the BBC.
So what can you expect at the Curly Treats Festival; a beautiful fusion of inspiring natural hair and wellness offerings including:
- International celebrity MahoganyCurls aka Jessica Lewis
- Fashion Show in celebration of Black Girl Magic
- Featured hair and beauty workshops and interactive discussions
- Empowerment Experience Stage will feature conversations and keynote addresses with influencers such as Lekia Lee – Afrovisibility and Aaron Wallace – Shear and Shine
- VIP Lunch: 3-course lunch with your fave bloggers including MahoganyCurls
- Natural Hair Demos by Cantu Beauty: Where All Coily Curly Textures Matter
- Holistic Hair & Health Workshops by Afrocenchix & Leah Salmon, The Naturally You Coach
- empowHER Lunch & fun activities for girls & parents/carers
- Children’s corner – fun, interactive activities and storytelling
- Afro Men Hub: FREE shape-ups, beard care & skin care advice for men
- Awards for Best UK Social Influencer, Natural Hair & Beauty Brand, Fashion & Style Brand and the legendary natural marketplace where you can network, greet, ask questions and network with exhibitors and makers of some of the world’s most valuable natural hair and beauty items you wouldn’t want to be without.
- Let’s not forget the Barbershop, Braid Salon and African face painting.
Even details: Saturday 5 August 2017 at the ILEC Conference Centre Earl’s Court, London. The official sponsors of CurlyTreats Festival London include Cantu, Mixed Chicks, Creme of Nature, LottaBody, GroHealthy and Softn’ Free.Tickets available from the Curly Treats website.
NB: copy with event information and event flyer provided by Ariatu PR.