Whether you are a stay at home mom to be or a working mum to be shopping for you baby can be a daunting prospect. Store-own brand? Eco-friendly brand? Bespoke? You may receive lovely gifts from friends and family at your baby shower (if you have one) and/or maybe few second-hand pieces from friends but more likely than not you will have to purchase the bigger items yourself. Naturally, you will want purchase few special pieces yourself. Where do you turn??? You maybe be over-whelmed but you want what’s best for you baby’s well-being. Enter Born, the UK’s only specialist natural baby shop.
As other baby shops in Bristol have closed, Born is going from strength to strength thanks to its alternative slant on retail. Eva Fernandes, Born’s founder says “Our approach isn’t about trying to sell as many products possible – our mantra is to make shopping at Born the most enjoyable and rewarding experience anywhere”; she adds, “You can’t stand still, you have to constantly adapt what you offer to what you’re customers are crying out for. We will celebrate our 13thyear here this March, so is just proves that people appreciate our unique and fantastic service”.
Becky Ward, Born’s Buyer says ‘’Our customers appreciate our expertise, and the considerable research behind our ‘best in class’, carefully selected products. This saves them time and money, because they can trust our in depth knowledge of the best nursery products available today.”
This February sees the launch of Born’s personal shopping service ‘Your Baby Your Way’ – a chance for couples to receive a dedicated and comprehensive consultation with a senior sales person. Not only will a consultation help the customer explore which items will help make the birth and early months as enjoyable as possible, our experienced staff can help advice on health practitioners and support services. It’s also a way to ensure friends and family get the expectant couple what they want as during the process a baby wish list can be created to buy from.
Eva says “We know that new parents need support, and local practitioners can provide invaluable help and guidance throughout the pregnancy & birth. These are professionals who we’ve used either personally, or with whom we’ve built up a trusted relationship with over the years. Access to trusted practitioners recommendations such as Osteopaths, Hypno-birthing teachers and Breastfeeding Counsellors can make all the difference if they are needed”.
In addition, everyone that has a consultation will receive a free Aden+Anais muslin, and will be entered into our prize draw for the chance to win an exclusive natural baby hamper worth over £220*.
There’s still a few days left, here’s some additional information about Born’s services:
- A two hour personal consultancy can be booked by calling Born on 0117 924 5080 or via Borndirect.com. The cost is £50, which is refundable against any purchase you make. We suggest making the appointment as early in your pregnancy as you feel happy with.
- Available at any time during our store opening hours, including Saturday; you will be guaranteed a personal shopping slot with a senior sales person, or Wednesdays and Fridays 5-7pm, after the store has closed, at a limited availability.
- We price match John Lewis and other bricks and mortar stores within a 20 mile radius of our stores.
- We will discuss any further purchases you may need to make closer to your due date, such as nursing bras, and provide you with a list for your hospital or birthing bag. We are happy to prepare these with you during the appointment, however you may wish to return to have your bra fitting closer to your due date.
- Included in the service is free delivery of items purchased during your appointment, so no need to worry about carrying anything home with you afterwards!
*The prize includes: a fully dressed Little Green Sheep Moses Basket, a Serenity Star night light by Aden+Anais, a Swaddle Muslin by Aden+Anais, a choice of print for your nursery by Olliella, a nursery bedtime book by Barefoot Books, and a bottle of Earth Friendly Baby Bubble Bath. All customers that have had a consultation before the end of April, will get entered for a chance to win this fabulous prize.
Please note that this is not a sponsored post, nor do I benefit from any sales made to Born as a result of this post.